Angels in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Lizzy (Breezy!), Aug 5, 2016.

1. Lizzy (Breezy!)

Lizzy (Breezy!) Retired Retired

83%
    Hiya, my name's Liz ^-^

Just an idea I had for a rp, read it fully if you're interested :D

So.. it starts in the middle of Manhattan. Ya know, the city? I had honestly based it off of the Shadowhunters series, but somehow.. it seems a bit different. Anyways, on to the point. Small apartment building in the dead center of the city, rustling with life. A couple of kids live there, though.. they're not quite the normal ones, (Warning, before you continue.. to participate in this roleplay, a bit of dedication will be required to making a character..) Each of them (More than likely a small group of around 7-8) having their own special unique abilities... though it comes with a price. They're all Angels. (Weird idea, but just for the sake of the roleplay, in this world, almost all Angels with a few exceptions are teenagers.) They served the work of "The Lord", though each of them have sinned in their own way...

For having sinned, each 'Fallen' Angel now must repay the costs. Most of their powers stripped, though the ones they have been gifted are mainly based on whatever sin they have committed, (Does not have to be an actual sin, but if you'd like it could just be something relatively "bad") they lye in the city of Manhattan, charged with the hunting of Demons. Mostly minor, but sometimes they will receive a specific target, a stronger foe.

In this world though.. there is one additional difference. The people know of the 'Fallen' Angels, but they despise them. Along with knowing of these Angels, there exists other races. Beneath the earth and out in the sea lye a 3 factions of similar race called Faeries...

The first faction are the more mystical, and magic kind, known as the Dwellers. Dwellers live under the earth, and are generally large in height. The average will be at around 6'0 to 6'2. The second faction are the more hostile, known as the Aquarius. Aquarians live in shallow areas in the seas, and live generally around islands, where the floor to the ocean is closer to the surface. Some have pacts with humans not to attack, but others are more wild, and will attack on sight. Can breath under water, and are small in height, at around average 4'10 to 5'0 height. The last faction are the most peaceful, and beloved of the Faeries. They are known as the Life Givers, and live to protect their companions, and heal them in battle. Will pick a companion at birth, and become a sort of servant to them, though they can choose to leave at their own will. Upon leaving their companion, they will curl up, and pass on. After passing on, their spirit will rest for decades, before once again starting the cycle of a Life Giver. Incredibly small in size, and can fit in the palm of your hand. Appearance is kind of what you would expect from the fictional character Tinker Bell.

In the sky, forests, streams, and deserts live a race of Elemental..

These Elemental compose of either Wind, Water, Earth, or Fire. Elemental are normally considered dangerous but some can be friendly, and actually make alliances, peace treaties, and trades with humans. Wind Elemental live in the sky, in small villages of floating Isles. Isles have never been seen, but Wind Elemental can sometimes be seen drifting through the air, messing with the locals. Mainly uncommon. Water Elemental live with the Aquarius, and generally spend their time trading with humans. Have been suspected to rescue travelers lost at sea, though travelers can never recall this, only waking up on beaches near civilization, sometimes looking out at sea, and green, glowing eyes for a short time returning the look. Mainly common. Earth Elemental live in Forests, Mountains, and sometimes in the city. Completely peaceful, these are the most connected to nature. Have mastered the languages of humans, and have simple healing powers. Will use their magic in trade for food, supplies, etc. Generally common. Fire Elemental are the most rare of the bunch, and the most dangerous. Only discovered recently when a tourist in the desert had found one. Not much is known about these Elemental, other than that they are incredibly hostile. Very, VERY rare.

An agreement between most of them is to keep how they sinned to themselves, so for now, unless the characters bond in a certain way, I will keep my own a secret, and I advise you to do so as well. You can share it in out of rp chat, but again, I'd advise not to in rp. is a

If you are interested in joining, please leave a character sheet in the comments (Shown below…) and fill out the other credentials shown

IGN:

Skype (Necessary):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name:
    Nickname if needed:
    -=-=&=-=-
    Powers: (Of course remember, as they are angels.. they do have wings.)
    Weapons (Or preferred method of attack):
    -=-=&=-=-
    Personality:
    -=-=&=-=-
    Looks:
    General Attire/Clothing:
    -=-=&=-=-
    Hobbies/Activities:
    -=-=&=-=-
    Any non-Angel friends/companions: (Elemental, and Faerie are allowed. As are pets such as small wolves, spiders, and pets.)
    -=-=&=-=-
    Suggestions to the roleplay? I'm open!:
    -=-=&=-=-

Here is an example of two GOOD credentials/character sheet.

IGN: BreezyButt

Name: Silent Night
    Nickname if needed: Sy
    -=-=&=-=-
    -=-=&=-=-
    Powers: The ability to lull, and will others to do as she pleases.

Weapon: Magic ring which changes modes of attack.

Mode 1: Hunting Rifle

Mode 2: Sawed Off Double Barrel

Mode 3: Glock
    -=-=&=-=-
    Personality: Rather.. odd. She tends to be shy around those she does not know, and is honestly a very nice person.. if you don't know her. If she is comfortable being around/with you, then she is a hellish nightmare. She can be friendly one moment and snap the next, as well as provide helpful information, and care for the weak and the lost.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Looks: Honestly not the best. Long black hair, olive skin, and a tall, lean/skinny structure. Her skin has a little acne, and she wears contacts, sometimes wearing her glasses if not in battle.
    General Attire/Clothing: Generally tends to dress in windbreakers/hoodies, and jeans. Though sometimes she will dress up, that is her normal attire.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Hobbies/Activities: Typical nerd when it comes to her hobbies, such as reading comics, watching anime, and doodling in her notebook she carries around with her.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Any non-Angel friends/companions: Small Life Giver named Igniculous.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Suggestions to the roleplay? I'm open: EWWW THIS IS HORRIBLE MAKE IT BETTER
    -=-=&=-=-

IGN: Bry_DankMemes__

Name: Cress Jarvis
    Nick: Will be called C.J. By close friends. Cress by anyone else
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Powers: Has skills in the mystic arts, or what humans call "magic". He specializes in various forms of magic attacks and defenses, and a slight bit of morphing animals. He also has mind reading abilities that he cannot control and occur randomly.

Weapons:
    Weapon 1: A double bladed swords (He trained with sword a lot)
    Weapon 2: A bow (and arrows of course)
    Weapon 3: His knowledge of the mystic arts (mainly for assisting in weapon effectiveness and the like though)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Personality: He is often calm and relaxed, assessing a situation. However, he will not hesitate to resort to fighting if he needs to. He's quiet and suspicious of people he doesn't trust and is outgoing to people he does trust. He can often horse around a lot on his free time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Looks: He has either short or long, shaggy blond hair. He has dark blue eyes that are the most prominent feature in his face due to the way light reflects in them. He is tall (around 6 foot) with a moderate build and barely any freckles and light skin.

Attire: He is usually seen wearing dark colored t-shirts and shorts with a grey jacket. He will rarely wear any light colored clothing and wears a hat at least twice a week.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hobbies: He is fascinated by any type mythology, loves playing video games, enjoys reading, and enjoys building things.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Companions: He has a white tabby cat he calls Zilver that is usually seen with him or somewhere in the general area of where he is.

2. sammydog132

sammydog132 Retired Retired

25%
    IGN: Sammy_Winchester

Skype (Necessary): Can I message you it or something?
    Name: Griffith Tergliafera
    Nickname if needed: Possibly 'Griff' or 'Terglia' however he despises nicknames and prefers to be called by his surname.
    -=-=&=-=-
    -=-=&=-=-
    Powers: He is able to communicate and befriend animals and sometimes will be able to convince them to do his bidding.
    Weapons:
    Weapon 1 - A gun (A Chinese staff, not a literal 'gun'.) That has symbols and writing carved into it.
    Weapon 2 (Not really a weapon though) - Martial Arts
    Weapon 3 - Brass Knuckles
    If all else fails, he has a sickle to defend himself however he isn't good at fighting with it or bladed weapons.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Personality: Tergliafera has an eccentric and somewhat dark personality. He is normally in his own little world and mostly pays attention to himself or his companions rather than the things that are going on around him. He normally refers to everyone as pathetic mortal beings or sad excuses for angels and acts like he's better than everyone else. He often rambles, mainly about But, besides first impressions what he says can be somewhat comical and counterproductive. He also seriously loves and cares for animals and could possibly be a vegetarian or a vegan.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Looks: Tergliafera is a pale 5'11" man who weighs about 74kg (163 Ibs). He has black hair with a silver streaks through his hair and normally uses hairgel to spike up his hair. He also wears a bit of makeup to make him paler than he already is.

General Attire/Clothing: He wears a purple scarf that almost covers his mouth and likes wearing dark coloured duster jackets that have symbols on the back and are always left open to reveal a white shirt with a purple design on it. He also wears normal black pants that are hold up by a belt with black boots. He wears golden earrings and sometimes a few rings on both of his hands.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Hobbies/Activities: He's interested in alchemy and often tries to learn it in his freetime. He also likes to read and interact with his pets.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Companions: He keeps a few small animals in his scarf like hamsters, mice, etc. He also keeps a few more pets in his apartment or wherever he lives.
    -=-=&=-=-

3. Birmanista

Birmanista Retired Retired

70%
    IGN: SailorBirmie

Skype (Necessary): Could I pm it to you? I would prefer not to leave it out in public and have tons of contact requests.

Name: Maria Saragosa (pronounced mah-RYE-ah [woo a somewhat Hamilton reference {I might need to stop}])
    Nickname if needed: Sometimes called Mari, but that's from really close friends.
    -=-=&=-=-
    -=-=&=-=-
    Powers: She has the ability to make people fall in love with her, almost turning them into lovesick servants of her own.
    Weapons:
    Preferred Weapon: Spear/javelin
    Alternate Weapon 1: Throwing knives
    Alternate Weapon 2: Tomahawk
    -=-=&=-=-
    Personality: Whatever her powers say about her, she's almost the opposite. She is romantic at times, but normally she isn't. She does have a temper, which is her usual mood unfortunately. But once you get past the fact that she's always in a bad mood, she can be pretty fun to hang around.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Looks: Maria is a 5'4 female with deep brown eyes, slightly-dark olive skin, and long, dark brown, curly hair that goes down to her shoulders. Wears red lipstick, and keeps her hair down.
    General Attire/Clothing: Maria typically wears a dark black tank top with a deep red, hooded cardigan over it. She wears knee length, worn jeans and usually wears red flip flops. When walking in public she puts the hood on to avoid any loath filled glares.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Hobbies/Activities: Sometimes spends her time alone, but when she's with friends she likes to socialize and play games. When she's alone she likes to relax and read anything, let it be a magazine to a book.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Any non-Angel friends/companions: A small black cat named Peggy (oh no more Hamilton references what have I done), that ironically brought Maria luck since she first met her.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Just a small question, since you mentioned Skype, will the roleplay happen on a group chat, or will it happen on the forums? I have a feeling it's the latter, but I'm not sure, and I'm fine with either.
    -=-=&=-=-

4. BryIsDank

BryIsDank Toxic Senior InGame Moderator Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

45%
    The actual roleplaying will occur on Skype as Bree and I find it easier to do this kind of Roleplay on skype. This thread is just for sign ups. :)

5. Lizzy (Breezy!)

Lizzy (Breezy!) Retired Retired

83%
    Of course! Sorry about that!

Of course, and again, sorry that you wouldn't like to post it. I'm sure it wouldn't be too bright xD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
  6. BryIsDank

BryIsDank Toxic Senior InGame Moderator Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

45%
    Hey uhh anyone wanna revive this?

7. Anju

Anju Retired Staff Member Retired

20%
    IGN: TheAnonymousSeff

Skype (Necessary): I think you know it. If not I could PM it to you.

Name: Anju Park (Prefers to be called Park Anju with her surname first)
    Nickname if needed: Nope. People just call her Anju!
    -=-=&=-=-
    -=-=&=-=-
    Powers: Telekineses (Mind Control) and Object Control.
    Weapons:
    Preferred Weapon: Her powers
    Alternative 1: Bow and Arrow
    Alternative 2: Throwing Knives and Spears
    -=-=&=-=-
    Personality: Anju can get VERY worried at times. Before you actually know her, she's very mysterious. But, once you know her she is actually super kind and caring.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Looks: Anju has dark blue hair, with dark brown eyes. She is from South Korea, and speaks Korean fluently... but English? Kind of? But she struggles at it.
    General Attire/Clothing: She likes to wear floral shirts and skinny jeans. Sometimes a dress. She also ALWAYS wears a flower crown.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Hobbies/Activities: She likes to draw, learn new things, and go to school :D She also spends a lot of her time learning english and riding horses.
    -=-=&=-=-
    Any non-Angel friends/companions: She owns 2 horses, one is black, named Miri, and the other is white, named Yeong, She owns a Saint Bernard dog named Eeka. And one cat named Miyang. For some reason all the pets she has are female.
    -=-=&=-=-